私は美しいおとぎ話を愛する。 それを愛しないもか。

Name:

Previous Posts Links












Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Good Ol' Days.

I'm finally back after 5 crazy days of intense shopping in bangkok.
Will be posting up all the pictures for your viewing pleasures soon. :)

After my trip, I realised I've become totally immensed in the holidaying mood and work's no longer a priority of mine aymore.
I just want to enjoy the rest of my holidays before school starts.
With all these said, I still gotta last till next friday which is my last day of work. (HURRAY!)

I read Yuting's blog just a moment ago and was quite upset after I learnt that Anglican High School's School Song has changed. (And yes, I do feel guilty for learning about this news only now though I ain't sure when it changed exactly.) It's now much simplier (probably beneficial for the new students who might find the old version a tad too difficult) but I am seriously not agreeable with the change.

Therefore, being the almighty Jasmin, I signed the online petition, hoping to do my part to reinstate our "Old" School Song.

Anglican High School was the place where I matured and grew up in and most importantly, it was the school that put me to where I am right now.
It was the place that gave me my fondest memories, the place where I felt most right in.
I've always felt that every single student from Anglican High School has a certain shared identity that distinguishes us from others.
It is this unspoken identity that makes us different, in fact special.

Yuting made me reminisce the good ol' days in AHS whereby every day spent in school was fun and fulfilling.

I loved our two recess breaks because it's during these times where Zhi Peng will strut along our desks, entertaining all of us girls. It's also during these periods whereby all the different cliques of girls would get together to gossip and giggle amongst ourselves.

I used to dread going for guitar practices but things changed when Yuting and Gwen became an essential part of my life. We are each other's motivations and I especially loved Gwen's not-so-funny jokes. I'd always remember the moment when we achieved the Gold Award in SYF. The emcee announced: "Anglican High School... Gold Award!" All of us became ecstatic and began screaming, cheering and hugging each other. At that moment, I felt that everything was worth it. All the time spent and attention dedicated to the preparation had paid off. Going for guitar practices every Friday slowly became a chit-chatting session for Yuting and I. I miss the times whereby we'd bring our guitars out and play at the steps, watching NCCs and Girl Guides running up and down, sweating a shit out of them and our lives seemed so much more relaxing comparatively. Oh! And how can I forget those breaks that we were always asking Mr. Shi for? We'd all rush out excitedly with our wallets to the canteen, hoping to find our favourite Yan Yan. Heh.

I also quite enjoyed our every Tuesday assembly where everyone'd be seated in the hall and thats when the singing (and slacking) begins! (Though all the preaching before that always bore me.) Thinking of all these makes me want to visit the school again. Though it has a totally different outlook but stepping into the same compound and on the grounds that I've threaded on before always make me feel as though nothing has changed.


Ah! I want to go back. :(

.
.
.

.
.
.

Anyways, I've been looking at several laptop models (because I wasn't attracted to any of the models that NUS brought in this year) and this one caught my eye.


| Jasmin posted at 2:44 PM |


3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous commented at 7:08 PM~  

HAHA! wenli my bimbo..
that laptop looks good.
ohh and i just signed the petition too.
crazy! i bet they will change the song into some english kindergarten anthem.
And we all love the old one though i already can't remember how to sing it. I can't even remember tj's anthem!okay, probably can only rem half of it. bad memory huh.

anyway bkk was vv fun. we were machiam like mad shopaholics! let's go back there soon :)

-est-

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 7:14 PM~  

Happy birthday to u! happy birthday to u!

Blogger Yut commented at 9:38 PM~  

Hey i wanna hear about ur bangkok trip on wed! hehe! eh is ur laptop the compaq one? the colour not nice!! haha but the piano black finish is so nice!

Want to Post a Comment?