私は美しいおとぎ話を愛する。 それを愛しないもか。

Name:

Previous Posts Links












Sunday, June 03, 2007

Bake Bake BAKE!

Oh wells, Jasmin's been in a baking mood these days. :)
I used to have such baking cravings during the school term and never was I able to satisfy those desires. Now that I have all the time in the world, I'm gonna bake till the cows come home. Heh.

Below's my first ever Banana Cake:

Chose this recipe out of several online to try and I was so pleased with the results because it was so moist and delicious! Anyways, the above two slices were for Aaron's mum and sister after he had taken his! Aaron's sis said: "Taste like something bought from the stores outside." Muahaha. I got on a high immediately. :)
My sis felt that it wasn't "banana-ish" enough, but nevertheless still tasty. But I've already added an extra banana instead of following the original recipe's requirement of 2 bananas.
Hmm. Maybe I can try adding another medium one in the next time round.
And now, the following pictures show my First Banana Muffins!

I KNOW. Why the hell is it all BANANAS right.
Friends who know me know that I take 2 bananas every morning for breakfast, and I have them each giap-ed in my 2 slices of wholemeal bread.
But I'm not that insane to bake everything in bananas!

It so happened that the Del Monte bananas I've got at home are riping pretty quickly and nobody's touching them (except for ME), so not wanting them to be thrown away (anytime soon), I got down to do these Banana Muffins. As it's my first time at it, I didn't want to make a dozen at one go in case I screw up the recipe. Therefore, I only baked half a dozen and here they are, fresh from the oven today! :)

By the way, my muffins didn't "pop out" of the paper liners because I was afraid that it might overflow before it gets cooked in the oven and not heeding my mum's kind advice of filling up the liners more, I only filled it to about 3/4 and they expanded quite alot just that the mixture wasn't enough to make it grow out of the liners.

Heh. Yeah, stubborn me. But wells, now I know how it works and I'm gonna bake another half a dozen NOW. :)

Aaron came over just now after we had lunch and he said that it's not bad! My mum also thinks it's very flavorful!

I think these muffins are definitely more banana-ish than the previous Banana Cake and it has got a totally different texture from the cake! It's as moist, but with more banana flavor. Hehe. And yeah, I got on another high instantly after hearing their comments. And cuz I only had 6 just now, I only packed 2 to let Aaron bring back for his mum and sis to munch on. Heh.


Blueberry Muffins are next on my list! :)


P.S. I never knew I could get this happy from baking.


| Jasmin posted at 5:37 PM |


1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous commented at 1:46 AM~  

eh bake more i wanna eat too! haha i love banana cakes! haha

lets meet up real soon!

yt

Want to Post a Comment?