私は美しいおとぎ話を愛する。 それを愛しないもか。

Name:

Previous Posts Links












Saturday, June 23, 2007

More yummies!

Well, I'm more or less getting used to having the cute pink braces in me but I can't take hard, sticky or nutty foods. I can, that is if I don't mind them getting trapped in between my teeth or the wires. Therefore, I had been racking my brains to think of what nice foods I can enjoy still in this current state.

One fine afternoon, I got sick of having congee/pandan cake/sponge cake for lunch and I decided to do this soft Strawberries Crepe (above!) to eat! It was definitely something more enjoyable than the usual tasteless porridge. :)

Kampar Kai Chai Paeng (In Guangdong dialect; aka Kampar Chicken Biscuit)
In Chinese it's called: Ji Zai Bing.

Look at how thin they are! (The thinner they are, the crisper and crunchier!)

The yummy Chicken Biscuits without any chicken ingredient in it. And I think this is some nice traditional snack from Malaysia cuz my sis' boyfriend went on a short trip to KL and bought some nice Kai Chai Paeng back for my family and my mum and dad finished the whole pack themselves. Therefore, I attempted this recipe! Had many weird ingredients, some of which include baking ammonia, candied winter melon ("tong tung kwah" in which I mispronounced it and my mom had been laughing at me for several days already) and some scary-looking red fermented beancurd ("nam yee").
But I'd say I had alot of fun during the process of hunting for these funny funny ingredients.
Who would have thought that these delicious cookies were made up using some of these stuffs!

My heart-shaped Chicken Biscuits. Wanted to do something different from the norm so I used my new heart-shaped cookie cutters bought recently from Daiso when I visited Vivo City with Wenjing. Sooo pleased with my buy cuz there are a total of SEVEN different sized heart-shaped cookie cutters and it only cost SGD2.00.

These cookies above are called Melting Moments, so because they melt in the mouths. It has a nice buttery taste, but not too strong, I like! (Cuz I had no difficulty with them unlike the crunchy Chicken Biscuits.)

And now, I shall present to you one of my favourites:

These are Swedish thumbprint cookies, Rosenmunnar. And I really used my thumb to make an indentation before topping the indentation with jam! I LOVE these cookies like hell. They are crispy-enough, with a slight eating-a-Sugar-Cookie kind of feeling and with the jam, it tasted so right. YUM. :)
Even my sis said: "This is very nice!"

Anyways, I'm really trying to learn to appreciate and treasure the little pleasures in life. :)
All thanks to my great mom.
Ever since I put on my braces, I was feeling skeptical about getting a temporary assignment for this holiday.
Chose this period to put it on so I'd have enough time to get used to it before school starts so I won't have trouble with it during the school term and I feel so glad I made this right decision.
It's nearing 3 weeks already and I feel good enough to find a job BUT I won't because I've found that there are many other things more fulfilling and interesting that are waiting for me to do this holiday instead of spending my time cooped up in an MNC office in Raffles Place.
Never in my life have I felt so damn relaxed before.
Really need a good charge before the next hectic semester begins in August whereby all the emo posts will come up again and again. HEH.
And I'm so happy now cuz I just heard a piece of good news from Meifang. :))
Hang on tight okay!


| Jasmin posted at 12:38 AM |


2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous commented at 1:47 AM~  

more yummies! Can i try them all! hahaa I can be your tester! lol. I really don mind! They all looked too gd to be true!

*hungry liao la*


yuting

Blogger Jasmin commented at 6:42 PM~  

i keep baking and baking, don't know who to give my bakes to! so much foods at home! come come!

Want to Post a Comment?